Monday 2 September 2019

All About horses


I love horses because they are beautiful. They know when you are upset or scared then they become upset and scared so I try to stay calm when I am riding. I don’t have a horse but with all my heart I want one.

 Here are some of the many breeds of horses: Arabian, American Paint, Mustangs, American Miniature, Morgan, French Trotter, Canadian horse, American Indian horse, Welsh Cob, Dutch Draft, Russian Don, American Quarter Horse, Belgian Warm Blood, Friesian, Italian Heavy Draft, Thoroughbred, Appaloosa, Mongolian.

 Horses can sleep lying down and standing up. A horse can run shortly after birth. Most of them can run up to 88km per hour which is very fast; faster than a lion. I like Apploosa’s because they are different from other horses. The spots on their rump make them stand out from other horses.

 Horses have around 205 bones in their skeleton. When you touch a horse it feels silky. Horses can feel a fly on a single piece of hair when you rub a horse's hair the wrong way it feels hard and lumpy. When you touch a horse’s mane it feels tangled and rough and sometimes smooth.

 When I was little I always wanted a horse but they hard work and you have to brush them, feed them, give them hay and pick up their poop. Their poop can be great for the garden. I still love horses even though they are hard work. I will have to remind mum how good the poo is for the garden. Then she might get me one too.

9 comments:

  1. This is an amazing story Izzy. While I was reading this story I could really tell how much you want one by how much you know about them.🐴

    ReplyDelete
  2. Izzy you have done a awesome job with this story I love horses.Some of these facts I have never heard before like a horses can feel one single fly on one piece of hair that is pretty amazing.🐴From Lucy🐴

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love them to u did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew that there was 18 different types of horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot more but I could not put them on.

      Delete
  7. Your story is very good. Hopefully you get a horse when you grow up🐴🐴

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments